And while you're busy, I've cooked something special for you.
So yearly, we always make sure to surprise each other during our birthdays in the most creative way we can. And for this year, here's my entry. I hope you like it.
May I remind you of the 29 things that I best remember you by, my dearest Jan Christopher, my best friend.
I will always remember:
1. The names of the people who matter the world to you: Bernal, Myrna, Irish Kristine, and Jan Lawrence. They are the reason you dream big and never give up on life no matter how tough it gets. They are your consolation; nothing beats wrapping a very stressful year up than spending a couple of days/weeks with them. They are, collectively, your family.;
The Queen B and her minions. Charot! ♥
2. That good things happen on Thursdays. And although we were almost always late in attending a mass/novena for our patron Saint Jude Thaddeus, he still loves us. Partida, kabisado natin 'yung novena kahit walang booklet;
One random Saint Jude Thursday shot.
3. That you were the first person to take me out on a date for lunch at a restaurant in Eastwood Mall named Crisostomo's. This is when I first tasted and loved kuhol, and had my first glass of margarita. Pure awesomeness. Just unforgettable;
4. Some of the names of the people who broke your heart, be it girl, boy, bakla, tomboy. Haha;
Dumating ang bagyong Ondoy after this. Lol.
5. Every bit of golden memories we had on every pictures in your 'The Adventures of Jace and Marvus' folder on Facebook;
Ninja turtles RUN-ing. Haha!
6. The many "first" stories that we shared together. Literally, these are bittersweet memories (that I can't post here for reasons we both know why);
Eto nalang. First time ko sa French Baker.
7. The signature scents that you wear: Lacoste Booster, Bulgari Aqua, Bulgari Extreme, 212 by Carolina Herrera, Mont Blanc, and Versace Versense;
8. That you had an alter-ego. Growing up, you were the beautiful and mighty empress engulfed in the power of darkness - you were Alcyone. Oh wait. This is also what you turn into whenever you've had too much alcohol! Haha;
Laughing at "El Niño, La Niña"
9. That you are still a kid at heart. And nothing best reminds us of it than watching a show exhibiting an awesome display of powers (e.g., Avatar: The Last Airbender, X-Men, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood);
Water. Earth. Fire. Air.
10. That you are a grammar Nazi. And how awesome you are at utilizing words to express your thoughts! I will always remember how you helped me put into words my reply to every reprimands I received from our previous employer back then. Haha;
11. That you've become the best version of your self. And people should be careful who they bully, really. From twink category to muscular. Lol.;
Nagmahal. Nasaktan. Nagpaborta.
12. That your friends are your refuge. You are part of the thirteen students who brought joy and hate at the same time at the halls of PLM College of Nursing. Say hello, you're an ALPO;
Probably the only picture na kumpleto tayo.
13. Our days as classmates on every subject we had in college - be it BACON, ROTC, Rhetoric, etc. The joy and the tears, I remember it all;
Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare
14. THIS! When you search "maga nguso" on Google, this picture of you will appear! Haha. Alam mo ba to? (credits to Markee for discovering this. Galing mo rin e no? Haha.);
15. That you are a living work of art; you are perfection. And that a kind like you will never settle for anything less.
16. That you are a PHRN. Even today (and even if you have not pursued it), you are still one of the best nurses that I know of. You still know your Anatomy and Pathophysiology very well;
Nanette receiving her PMPC Star Awards for Best Actress.
17. That you are heaven-sent. And although some people might think of you differently, I always believe that you are an angel - you are MY angel. Like what Katrina said on your write-up for our graduation book: "Life without JC is a mistake";
Pre-workout days. ;)
18. That you are a bad-ass hoops player. And that everytime you date someone, you should take them to see how well you play. <3 p="">
19. Your hair is your best asset. This fact I have already established since the day I've known you. You know how I always adored your pretty mane;
Silver grey hair neatly combed in place. ♪♫
20. That you are the life of the party. We celebrate each and every time you come home and we always have a good time;
The epic #boyses, #blacklady and #whitelady Baguio trip. 2015.
21. This picture that started it all:
The BLIMS dream.
22. That you have a very powerful mind. I love how you are always in control of things and of the world. You're great at practicing the law of attraction. You are smart;
23. And associate you with RuPaul's Drag Race - "If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you're gonna love somebody else?";
24. That nothing in this life is bigger than your faith in Him;
"It may not show but one thing bigger than my ass is my faith"
25. That Jhoker - although not always seen and felt - is our best friend, too, and that the three of us will always be PLM-CN's Destiny's Child;
L-R: Kelly, Michelle, and Beyonce. Chos another! Haha.
26. That Bishan is not just a street nor a house — Bishan is our home. Haha. Can't help but cry typing this entry, sorry. Everything that took place last August 2016 was just groundbreaking. And you were correct - life as I know it, once I step out of the Philippines, will never be the same. I could not thank you enough for having me experience living in the room of dreams of positivity;
Type "1" in the comments section to see the hidden mickey. Lol!
27. The most unique birthday present anyone has ever given me on my 28th birthday - our epic time together celebrating life at Patong Beach in Phuket, Thailand. The sea will never forget the conversation of our souls;
28. That you are the only person in this world who knows me even more than myself, and the only person who has seen Marvin in its every form and entity and never left;
Walang iwanan sa ere! Ü
29. That whatever our souls are made of, yours and mine are the same.
Black and white para with feelings.
My life wouldn't be as blessed and as beautiful without you. I love you to bits, bessy!
You know and you can always be sure that in whatever you do, I will always be proud of you and that I will always be your number 1 fan.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RAINJERK!!! Ü
Marvus the Mad Man3>