July 9, 2010

So into Stereograms!

It was indeed a boring Thursday at the office. Although I was offline (logged out then do nothing and still get paid), I could not think of anything cool to do. Got a newspaper, nothing really interesting to read about; my officemate forgot that book that I was borrowing from her; plus my officemates are kind of 'down' in the mood and nothing really much to talk about.

But thanks to my dearest new seatmate Ceszy Junsay (thanks Ceszy, you're a genius), she let me check out her book named 'Stereograms'.

Stereogram is an optical illusion of depth created from flat, two-dimensional image or images. Originally, stereogram referred to a pair of stereo images which could be viewed using a stereoscope. It is somewhat of an image that fools the brain, not the eye.

Here is one good example:

To view the image cross your eyes until four images appear, then allow the image to converge to a set of three, focusing on the center image.

It was REALLY hard at first. It took me about 20 minutes before I can make that image above three by 'fooling my brain'. But once i got the hang of it, it was F-U-N! Until then I was able to see 3 dimensional images and I was like, WOW! :D

Here's another example. Hope you can find the butterfly here. You may actually click the image to enlarge it. Remember, cross eye, then relax. That's it :)


NOW THAT'S DEVIATION! Haha. More? Check out this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment