March 21, 2010

Respect your elders

While I was on my way home today, something like an eksena came up. I was simply riding the usual FX with my friend Maui. Somewhere along the way, this lola rode the car.

At the back seat of the car is a very noisy man who talks with his mother on the phone. He's bisaya. He's from Bacolod (haha, and how did I find out?).

And so the FX almost ran out of gas so the driver went to a gasoline station to have his tank refilled. Now this lola turned to the noisy guy (actually, GAY) and simply told him to keep his phone off for safety purposes as we are on a gasoline station. Then this gay got really offended and told the poor lola to shut up. And there had been exchange of very (take note) nasty words. And the lola of course got pissed off to the point that he wished the driver to stop and let that gay leave the car and she would pay for that person's fare. Now this very unrespected gay shouted: "Meron akong pera, baka isampal ko pa sa pagmumukha mo.", which led all of the passengers on the car to shut him up. Of course di nagpatalo si lola. Still, the gay man kept talking to his mom like gago. That was so pasaway.

I may be biased but I am on the side of the lola. See, she was just concerned for the safety of all the people on the car. In fact, she conveyed her message to the gay man in a very clear, professional manner. So I was really so surprised when this gay man just erupted like crazy. It was so unfair for the lola. I know and I understand that she just plainly just concerned as a senior citizen. As a matter of fact, when we get off the FX, the lola told us the words: "Ingat kayo." Now wouldn't that be sweet?

I remember Baz Luhrman's words. He said: Respect your elders. I think it has been a very big deal on me since I was raised that way, and look! It has been a topic of my blog.

Thank God for my parents who raised me well. If I would have been the person that the lola told to turn off the phone, I would have plainly smiled and said thank you. That miss on the gay's part ruined the morning of all the passengers seated on that FX.

No comments:

Post a Comment